Bordeaux 2017 Left bank
Support Bordoverview: buy your Bordeaux 2017 primeurs at Bolomey Wijnimport Amsterdam.
Read about Bordeaux 2017 on Bolomey Blog. Follow Bordoverview on Twitter.
- Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée (AOC)
- AOC stands for “Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée”. It tells you where the wine comes from, its origin. It also tells you that the wine is made according to the criteria of this AOC.
- Classification (Class.)
- Most of these wines belong to one of the Bordeaux classifications:
- 1st-5th GCC - The famous 1855 Médoc Grand Cru Classé Classification (61 wines). The list starts with the top 5 of 1st Classed Growths.
- 1st GCC a & b and GCC - The St-Emilion Premier Grand Crus (class a and class b) and the Grand Cru Classés.
- CB - The Médoc Cru Bourgeois Classification (1932). Last renewed in 2003 (with at the top the 9 Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel followed by the Cru Bourgeois Supérieur classed wines, this 2003 classification is used for the overviews 2004 - 2006). In February 2007 the classification was annuled by the Bordeaux Administrative Appeals Court, and in November 2007 it was decided that the classification would be continued but without the sub-classes at the top.
- CC Grav. - All Graves wines classified (1959) as Cru Classé de Graves are located in the Pessac-Léognan region (as individual AOC established in 1987).
- Size in hectares (Size)
- This column tells you what the size is of the property in hectares (ha). Note that seldomly all land is used to make the first wine of the estate. Most châteaux also make a second and even a third wine on the estate.
- Winemaker, consultant, manager or owner (By)
- Some people are playing a decisive role in the wine-making process. From more to less influential with respect to the style of the wine we can distinguish:
- 1. consulting oenologist
3. cellar master (and vineyard manager)
4. (general) manager
- Not all roles are necessarily played by different people, e.g. there is no oenologist supporting the cellar master, or the owner himself is in fact the winemaker. For this column the person fulfilling the first role is mentioned: he or she is in fact the person who most determines the overall style of the wine.
- Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Wine Advocate (WA)
- American wine critic publishing on erobertparker.com, starting with the Bordeaux 2017 vintage. She rates the wines on a scale from 75 to 100. An asterisk (*) means that it is the best wine from the château that was ever tasted as a barrel sample. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Neal Martin (NM)
- English wine critic, formerly contributing to Wine-Journal on erobertparker.com, and since the 2017 vintage to Vinous. He rates the wines on a scale from 75 to 100. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Jancis Robinson (JR)
- English wine critic publishing on her website JancisRobinson.com, wines are also often rated by Julia Harding. Wines are rated on a scale from 10 to 20. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Jeff Leve (JL)
- American wine critic publishing on his website TheWineCellarInsider.com. Wines are rated on a scale from 75 to 100. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Jane Anson, Decanter (De)
- English wine magazine. Wines were given 1 to 5 stars, from the 2007 to 2014 vintage the 10 - 20 scale was presented, and since 2015 Jane Anson is using the 100 points scale. Before 2015 the wines were tasted by Steven Spurrier, James Lawther MW and Beverley Blanning MW. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- La Revue du Vin de France (RVF)
- French wine magazine. Wines are rated on a scale from 10 to 20. The wines are tasted by Olivier Poels, Hélène Durand and Philippe Maurange. Instead of a single number, always a range is given with a 1 point span. Presented here is the mean. E.g. 16,5-17,5 becomes 17. In the exceptional case where the span is just 0,5 point, the average ending in .25 or .75 is presented. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Le Point (LeP)
- French magazine. The leading taster is Jacques Dupont. Wines are rated on a scale from 10 to 20. Ratings indicated as "ranging from .0 to .5" are presented as .25; ratings indicated as "ranging from .5 to .0" are presented as .75 (e.g. 17-17,5 becomes 17.25 and 17,5-18 becomes 17.75). Not all wines are (already) rated.
- René Gabriel (RG)
- Swiss wine critic publishing in WeinWisser. He rates the wines on a scale from 10 to 20 (except for Yquem 1937, this wine received 21 points). Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Consumer price in euro (Price)
- The price shown is the average initial consumer "en primeur" price with tax included. Use it as a guideline, as an indication to assess the prices that you encounter.
- Price change percentage (+/–)
- This column compares the initial consumer price of the displayed year with the consumer price of the preceding year. If both consumer prices are known, a percentage is shown for the price increase (+) or price drop (–).
|de Sales||2017||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||85-87||·||16-||·||·||·||·||83-85||88||14.5||·||·||·||·||·||€ 27||·|
|de Sales||2016||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||88-90||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·|
|de Sales||2015||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||86-88||·||·||·||·||·||83-85||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·|
|de Sales||2014||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||€ 21||·|
|de Sales||2013||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·|
|de Sales||2012||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||84-86||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||€ 20||·|
|de Sales||2011||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||81-83||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||15||·||·||·|
|de Sales||2010||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||84-86||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||16||·||·||·|
|de Sales||2009||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||16||·||·||·|
|de Sales||2008||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||15||·||€ 13||–7%|
|de Sales||2007||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||15||·||€ 14||–13%|
|de Sales||2006||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||16||·||€ 16||0%|
|de Sales||2005||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||€ 16||+23%|
|de Sales||2004||Pomerol||·||47.5||Lambert, B. de||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||14||·||·||·||€ 13||·|
Top - Restore default data