Jane Anson ratings near 87
Bordeaux 2022 Left bank
Not to miss: Jane Anson, Inside Bordeaux. A ground-breaking guide to the region.
Support Bordoverview: buy Bordeaux 2022 at Bolomey Wijnimport Amsterdam.
Follow Bordoverview on Twitter.
- Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée (AOC)
- AOC stands for “Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée”. It tells you where the wine comes from, its origin. It also tells you that the wine is made according to the criteria of this AOC.
- Classification (Class.)
- Most of these wines belong to one of the Bordeaux classifications:
- 1st-5th GCC - The famous 1855 Médoc Grand Cru Classé Classification (61 wines). The list starts with the top 5 of 1st Classed Growths.
- 1st GCC a & b and GCC - The St-Emilion Premier Grand Crus (class a and class b) and the Grand Cru Classés.
- CB - The Médoc Cru Bourgeois Classification (1932). Last renewed in 2003 (with at the top the 9 Cru Bourgeois Exceptionnel followed by the Cru Bourgeois Supérieur classed wines, this 2003 classification is used for the overviews 2004 - 2006). In February 2007 the classification was annuled by the Bordeaux Administrative Appeals Court, and in November 2007 it was decided that the classification would be continued but without the sub-classes at the top.
- CC Grav. - All Graves wines classified (1959) as Cru Classé de Graves are located in the Pessac-Léognan region (as individual AOC established in 1987).
- Size in hectares (Size)
- This column tells you what the size is of the property in hectares (ha). Note that seldomly all land is used to make the first wine of the estate. Most châteaux also make a second and even a third wine on the estate.
- William Kelley, Wine Advocate (WA)
- English wine critic, living in France and California, publishing on erobertparker.com, starting with the Bordeaux 2021 vintage. He rates the wines on a scale from 75 to 100. Since the 2022 vintage Kelley is joined by Yohan Castaign. Yohan is from Bordeaux. The vintages 2017-2020 were rated by Lisa Perrotti-Brown. An asterisk (*) means that it is the best wine from the château that Robert Parker ever tasted as a barrel sample. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Jancis Robinson (JR)
- English wine critic publishing on her website JancisRobinson.com, wines are also often rated by team members like Julia Harding MW and James Lawther MW. Wines are rated on a scale from 10 to 20. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Jeff Leve (JL)
- American wine critic publishing on his website TheWineCellarInsider.com. Wines are rated on a scale from 75 to 100. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Jane Anson (JA)
- English wine journalist formerly writing for Decanter Magazine and now publishing on her website Inside Bordeaux. She rates the wines on a scale from 75 to 100. Ratings from 2013 and earlier were published on her previous website New Bordeaux. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Chris Kissack (CK)
- English wine critic, publishing on Winedoctor. He rates the wines on a scale from 75 to 100. Not all wines are (already) rated.
- Consumer price in euro (Price)
- The price shown is the average initial consumer "en primeur" price with tax included. Use it as a guideline, as an indication to assess the prices that you encounter.
- Price change percentage (+/–)
- This column compares the initial consumer price of the displayed year with the consumer price of the preceding year. If both consumer prices are known, a percentage is shown for the price increase (+) or price drop (–).
|Les Tourelles de Longueville||2022||Pauillac||2nd wine||50||89-91||·||16+||·||·||·||·||89-91||·||·||88||·||·||·||·|
|Haut-Bergey (buy)||2022||Pessac-Léognan||·||15||89-91||·||15.5||·||·||·||·||91-93||·||·||88||·||87-89||€ 25||+19%|
|Clos Floridène||2022||Graves||·||17||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||·||89||·||89-91||€ 19||+6%|
|la Tour de By||2022||Médoc||CB||74||88-90||·||16.5||·||·||·||·||89-91||·||·||90||·||89-91||·||·|
|Clos Marsalette||2022||Pessac-Léognan||·||6||·||·||16||·||·||·||·||91-93||·||·||90||·||88-90||€ 21||+11%|
Top - Restore default data